How to Check Punjab National Bank Balance: Keeping track of your bank account balance is essential for managing your finances effectively. Punjab National Bank (PNB) provides various convenient methods for customers to check their account balance, ranging from online banking to mobile apps and traditional methods like visiting a branch or using an ATM. This blog will explore the step-by-step process of checking your Punjab National Bank account balance using different channels.
how to check pNB (Punjab National Bank) account balance
Method 1: Internet Banking
Step 1: Visit the PNB Official Website
- Open your web browser and go to the Punjab National Bank official website (www.pnbindia.in).
Step 2: Log in to Your Internet Banking Account
- Locate the “Internet Banking” section on the website’s homepage.
- Enter your User ID and Password in the designated fields.
- Click on the “Login” button to access your account.
Step 3: View Your Account Balance
- After logging in, you will be directed to your account dashboard.
- Your account balance will be displayed prominently on the screen.
Method 2: Mobile Banking (PNB One App)
Step 1: Download the PNB One App
- Go to your smartphone’s app store (Google Play Store for Android or Apple App Store for iOS).
- Search for “PNB One” and install the app.
Step 2: Log in to the PNB One App
- Open the PNB One app on your smartphone.
- Enter your mobile banking credentials, such as User ID and MPIN or password.
Step 3: Check Your Account Balance
- Once logged in, the app’s home screen will show your account balance along with other account details.
Method 3: Missed Call Banking
Step 1: Register Your Mobile Number
- Ensure that your mobile number is registered with PNB for SMS and Missed Call banking services.
- If not registered, visit your nearest PNB branch and update your mobile number.
Step 2: Use Missed Call Service
- Dial the following number from your registered mobile number: 1800-180-2223 or 0120-2303090.
- The call will automatically disconnect after a few rings.
Step 3: Receive SMS with Account Balance
- Shortly after the missed call, you will receive an SMS containing your PNB account balance.
Method 4: SMS Banking
Step 1: Compose an SMS
- From your registered mobile number, create a new SMS.
Step 2: Format the SMS
- Type BAL <Account Number> in the message body. Replace <Account Number> with your PNB account number.
Step 3: Send the SMS
- Send the SMS to 5607040.
Step 4: Get Account Balance via SMS
- You will receive an SMS reply with your PNB account balance.
Method 5: ATM
Step 1: Visit a PNB ATM
- Locate a Punjab National Bank ATM nearest to you.
Step 2: Insert ATM Card and Enter PIN
- Insert your PNB ATM card into the machine.
- Enter your ATM PIN using the keypad.
Step 3: Choose “Balance Inquiry”
- Select the “Balance Inquiry” option on the ATM screen.
Step 4: View Account Balance
- The ATM will display your PNB account balance on the screen.
Method 6: Branch Visit
Step 1: Visit Your Nearest PNB Branch
- If other methods are not accessible, you can visit your nearest Punjab National Bank branch.
Step 2: Provide Account Information
- Approach the bank staff or teller and provide your PNB account number and any other required identification.
Step 3: Receive Account Balance Information
- The bank staff will provide you with your PNB account balance.
Conclusion: Checking your Punjab National Bank account balance is straightforward and can be done through various channels, including internet banking, mobile banking, missed call service, SMS banking, ATMs, or visiting a branch. Choose the method that suits you best and stay informed about your account balance to effectively manage your finances. Remember to keep your mobile number registered and ensure the security of your login credentials for online and mobile banking services. Happy banking!
FAQs on how to check PNB balance
You can check your PNB account balance through various methods, including internet banking, mobile banking apps, ATMs, visiting a branch, missed call service, or SMS banking. Choose the method that suits you best, and follow the appropriate steps provided earlier in this blog to check your account balance.
You can check your PNB account balance by using the missed call service. Ensure that your mobile number is registered with PNB for SMS and Missed Call banking services. Dial the following number from your registered mobile number: 1800-180-2223 or 0120-2303090. The call will automatically disconnect after a few rings, and you will receive an SMS containing your account balance.
To check your PNB mini statement balance, you can use the mobile banking app or visit your nearest PNB ATM. Through the mobile banking app, you can view your mini statement on the app’s home screen. At the ATM, select the “Mini Statement” option after inserting your ATM card and entering your PIN.
You can check your PNB account online by using internet banking. Visit the PNB official website, log in to your internet banking account using your User ID and Password, and view your account balance and other details on the dashboard.
To check your PNB account balance by SMS, you need to send an SMS from your registered mobile number to 5607040 in the following format: BAL <Account Number>. Replace <Account Number> with your PNB account number. You will receive an SMS with your account balance.
To check bank balance, you can use various methods offered by your bank. Common methods include internet banking, mobile banking apps, ATMs, visiting a branch, missed call service, or SMS banking. Each bank may have different procedures, so it’s best to check with your specific bank for the exact steps.
You can check your bank balance by using the missed call service provided by your bank. Ensure that your mobile number is registered for this service, and then dial the designated number provided by your bank. The call will automatically disconnect after a few rings, and you will receive an SMS with your account balance.
To activate your mobile number in PNB, visit your nearest PNB branch and fill out the Mobile Number Registration form. Provide your account details and the mobile number you wish to register. Once the registration is complete, you can use mobile banking services like missed call banking and SMS banking.
PNB user ID and password are credentials used to log in to PNB’s internet banking platform. The user ID is a unique identification provided by the bank, and the password is a confidential combination of characters chosen by the account holder. Both are essential for accessing PNB’s online banking services.
To activate PNB online banking, you need to register for internet banking. Visit the PNB official website and find the “Internet Banking” section. Click on “New User Registration” or a similar option, and follow the instructions to set up your online banking account.
If you don’t have a registered mobile number with PNB, you can still check your account balance by visiting the nearest PNB ATM or the bank branch. You can also request a printed account statement to view your account balance and recent transactions.
To activate SMS banking in PNB, you must first ensure that your mobile number is registered with the bank. Once registered, you can use SMS banking services by sending specific keywords to the designated SMS banking number provided by PNB. Keywords include BAL (for account balance), MINI (for mini statement), and more.